For this tutorial, we’re going to create a rule that searches for certain words when mail arrives, and move them to the “deleted items”. Other rules can be created using this same format, and just choosing different options.
1. Go to the tools menu, and choose “Rules Wizard”
2. Click “New”
3. Click Start from a blank rule
4. Click “Next”
5. Check “with specific words in the subject”
6. Then in the box below, choose the “specific words” link
7. Add your words, that you want to filter out ( i.e. words that would appear in emails you don’t want to see) You can add one, or more than one here. Just click add after each word.
8. Once you’re finished, click OK
9. Click Next
10. Check the box that says “delete it”
11. Click Next
12. Click Next again
13. Click Finish
Your rule is now added. If you would like to change it, click on the rule, in this window, and click the “modify” button.
14. Click ok to leave this screen.